Solar Academy International – Training Terms & Conditions
All students must agree to SAI’s terms and conditions during the online registration process. They are presented below for your convenience.
Class enrollment is accepted on a first-pay first-served basis. A seat will be temporarily reserved upon acceptance of this enrollment agreement, however Solar Academy International (henceforth, SAI) cannot guarantee a seat until full payment has been received. Students who have not paid in full will not be admitted to the class.
*** Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy ***
A student may cancel from a class that he/she enrolled for. Cancellations made 21 or more business days prior to the class start date will result in a forfeiture of 15% of the class tuition fees. Cancellations made between 15 – 20 business days prior to the class start date will result in forfeiture of 25% of the class tuition fees. Cancellations made between 6 – 14 business days prior to the class start date will result in a forfeiture of 50% of the class tuition fees. No refunds will be issued on cancellations made less than 6 business days from the class start date.
A student may reschedule a class that he/she enrolled for. No refunds are issued on reschedules. Reschedules made more than 21 business days prior to the originally scheduled class start date will incur a $100 Rescheduling Fee. Reschedules made between 7 – 20 business days prior to the originally scheduled class start date will incur a forfeiture of 25% of the class tuition fees. Reschedules made less than 6 days prior to the originally scheduled class start date will incur a forfeiture of 50% of the class tuition fees. If student cancels after rescheduling, no refunds will be issued. Only one reschedule is allowed, and the rescheduled class must be taken within six months of the originally scheduled class date. If the same class is not offered in the future, remaining credit may be applied toward the cost of another course, but if the cost of the course is less, no refund will be issued.
For all cancellation or reschedules, SAI assumes no liability for any non-refundable costs that SAI or the student may incur for student or on student’s behalf (example airfare or hotel).
Any class credit that student may have on SAI’s books will lapse 12 months from the originally scheduled class date.
Any amount due to student will be refunded within 30 business days.
*** No Shows ***
Failure to attend a scheduled class will be considered a “no show” and will result in forfeiture of the full course price.
SAI is not responsible for failure to cancel a hotel reservation.
*** General Terms ***
1. This agreement constitutes the complete and fully integrated contract between Travis Associates LLC, dba Solar Academy International (SAI) and Student, and supersedes all previous oral and written agreements and discussions. This agreement may be changed only by an agreement in writing between SAI and Student. Student has read and understood this agreement and has not entered into this agreement in reliance on any promises made by SAI or any of its counselors or agents.
2. Student agrees to comply with SAI’s rules and procedures, including, but not limited to absences, tardiness, honesty & proper conduct.
3. Day classes are generally held from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Class times follow SAI’s announced schedule. All course schedules are subject to change in start and completion dates. Students will be duly notified.
4. SAI reserves the right to withdraw a scheduled program if the registration is insufficient to host a class.
5. SAI reserves the right to substitute any class instructor should he or she be unable to be attend any portion of a course. No refunds will be made because of the need to substitute an instructor and regular cancellation and rescheduling policies will apply.
6. If a class is cancelled or postponed, SAI will not be responsible for student’s / client’s travel, lodging, incidental expenses or other losses or damages incurred. SAI will make its best efforts to notify students in the event that any class has been canceled or postponed.
7. In the event of natural disasters, Acts of God, labor disputes, or equipment failure, SAI reserves the right to postpone training up to a maximum of 90 days. Students will be duly notified.
8. If meals are provided, SAI will attempt to provide an enjoyable experience for all. However, meals are intended for convenience and to save our students time. SAI does not guarantee that the meals will meet Student’s culinary standards or special dietary requirements. Upon notification, SAI will attempt to accommodate students with special dietary requirements, but makes no formal commitment in this regard. Thus students with special dietary requirements may be responsible for providing their own food during the duration of any course attended at SAI.
9. Student agrees that any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules in Cleveland, Ohio and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
10. If any section of this agreement shall be deemed invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect the other sections hereof, and this agreement shall be construed in all respects as if such invalid or unenforceable section was omitted.
11. If this Agreement is assigned to a third party, Student and co-signer, if applicable, will continue to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Program Enrollment Agreement. Should this agreement be assigned, such a third party is independent of SAI. Any SAI related questions or problems that arise must be settled between Student and SAI.
12. It is SAI’s policy to provide our employees and contractors (“personnel”) as instructional resources to Students & Clients only for the purpose of training with SAI. Students & Clients understand that it is not SAI’s intention under this Agreement to provide SAI’s personnel for permanent or temporary placement as employees or contractors. As a Student or Client of SAI, you agree to not hire or utilize (as an employee or contractor) the services of any present or former SAI personnel or cause the hiring or utilization of SAI personnel by a third party, except when such hiring or utilization is done under an employment agreement with SAI when agreed to in writing by SAI. The parties agree that if such hiring or utilization takes place, SAI will have been damaged, but that the amount of damages are difficult to ascertain. Accordingly, the parties agree that if Student or Client violates this paragraph, Student or Client will pay SAI $75,000.00 as liquidated damages.
13. SAI’s programs will not train Student to become a licensed contractor or electrician. Students who are not already licensed to perform electrical work are advised to partner with, hire, or work with those who are appropriately licensed.
14. This course is designed for professional contractors and tradespeople, including but not limited to Electrical, Plumbing, Roofing, and General Contractors or others with related business or engineering experience. Students from other professions are taking this course accepting the fact that their lack of professional experience may lead to difficulty learning the course material.
15. Any examination included with this course does not confer a Professional License. Students are directed to their local contractor licensing board to learn the licensing requirements for their location. Students are further advised to contact their local Public Utilities Commission and any other state, regional, or local agencies involved with the policies and regulations of solar equipment installation & sales, in order to comply with any additional requirements for performing such work.
16. Student agrees to submit all pertinent personal information which may directly or indirectly affect Student’s safety and medical needs related to handling and operating batteries & electrical devices of any kind prior to the beginning of instruction so that SAI staff can make appropriate modifications to the course materials. If Student fails to provide such information, SAI will not be held liable for any injury or harm to which Student may be subject as a result of this lack of action by Student.
17. Students are not permitted to make unauthorized audio or video recordings of classroom lectures under any circumstances at SAI. Students who violate this rule are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including expulsion without any refund.
18. The content of all classroom lectures and materials, including but not limited to handouts, quizzes and tests, slide presentations, curriculum outlines, lab materials and lab instructions, used by SAI instructors are the sole and exclusive property of SAI. The private or commercial use of such content without the prior written consent of SAI is strictly prohibited.
19. By accepting this agreement student agrees to comply with any and all instructions given by SAI and its faculty, staff, and contracted personnel.