University & College Student Special
Ontario Solar Academy occasionally offers generous scholarships for University and College students interested in getting an intensive introduction to solar energy. These scholarships are available only to students with a valid student card.
Each course has openings for only a limited number of student scholarships.
Register now to guarantee your spot. To receive your discount code, email email@example.com
Ontario Solar Academy is Canada’s premier solar training school. We offer ISPQ accredited intensive training programs on the installation and design of photovoltaic systems. The concepts introduced through the 5-day program are applicable to sales, designer and installer jobs within the solar industry. Graduates qualify to take the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) PV Entry Level Exam. Passing the NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam is a way to demonstrate a strong fundamental knowledge of solar technology and the electrical and mechanical integration of PV systems.
The course includes:
- Introduction to Electricity and Solar Technology
- Proper site assessment and shading analysis techniques using sun path calculators and trigonometry.
- In-depth examination and evaluation of all electrical components within a PV system.
- Exposure to various roof mount racking systems and ballasted flat roof racking
- Overview of Ontario’s FIT / MicroFIT program
- Stand-Alone Sizing Methodologies
For any young adult seeking to enter the booming solar industry in Ontario, this may be the first step to launching your career. Many graduates of our program have secured full time jobs.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (416) 900-7191.